Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Rant #431: A Cold In the Cold


I am sick.

I have been for the past few days. I have this miserable cold, which is affecting my sight and my throat. My voice is very raspy, and my eyes very watery.

My nose ... well, the less said about that part of my body, the better.

Mount Vesuvius never poured out more molten lava than that part of my body.

In fact, on Monday, I had one of my all-time sneezes. Thank goodness no one was near me when I sneezed--they would have been hit by flying debris.

I kind of figure I got this thing from my son. My son caught a draft from running outside with his track team about two or three weeks ago, and he had the sniffles for a while.

I am sure he passed it on to me.

And every parent knows that when you pick up a cold or some virus from your kid, you get it worse that the kid did.

And I did.

I know that I had a fever on Sunday, when the cold hit me full force. But it was a Sunday, so I just stayed in the entire day.

I went to work the last two days--don't know how I did it, but I did.

Yesterday was a rough day. I am surprised I made it the entire day, but I did.

But today ... well, I won't be going to work today. I feel lousy. I will probably go back to bed after typing this rant.

I had every intention of going to work, and that is why I am typing this so early in the morning.

But it just isn't going to be.

Hopefully I will be better tomorrow with some more bed rest and a relatively calm day under my belt.

Having a cold in the cold really leaves me frigid.

Speak to you tomorrow--I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit