Monday, May 20, 2013

Rant #966: All Powerballed Out



No, it wasn't me.

I wasn't the one who had the winning Powerball ticket for the record breaking sum of nearly $600 million.

Just one ticket was sold, to someone in Florida, who bought the ticket at a Publix in Zephyrhills.

Zephyrhills was once best known for its water, but with this situation, it will be best known for its gold.

No one has stepped forward, so no one yet knows if an individual won, a group won, or even an out of stater won.

People do go on vacation in Florida, so it isn't out of the ordinary to say that maybe somebody visiting won the huge pot.

But it wasn't me.

We play at work as a group, hoping to cash in on something.

Thus far, in all the years I have been playing through work, I think the most we have every won is $10, and yes, that is as a group, so we really didn't win too much.

But we still play, hoping for the best.

And yes, we deserve it ... we deserve to win, it just hasn't happened yet.

But maybe it will.

I cannot imagine winning so much money. It has to change your lifestyle even if you don't want it to.

You can pay off all your bills, and have plenty left over to do the other things you have wanted to do in life.

I am sure you have to hire a tax attorney to sort out how you can keep as much of your winnings as possible.

So you set up a charity to help others less fortunate than you are.

Which means pretty much everybody.

In my case, I guess we will continue to play again and again, hoping for some good luck, luck which has evaded us thus far.

It only takes "a dollar and a dream," and while our dollars are dwindling, we still have that dream.

But alas, like it is for so many others, it really appears to be nothing more than a dream.

But I guess it is nice to have that dream, although it is steeped in reality. The percentages are astronomically against winning, more so then, let's say, getting hit by lightning.

So nothing has changed for me as we go into this workweek. I will still go through the same peaks and valleys I always go through during a normal week.

But for someone or some group of people, their lives have officially changed.

Whether it will be for the better is yet to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit