Friday, July 19, 2013

Rant #1,007: Staycation Time!



Yes, it is that time of the year again, when the Ranting and Raving Blog bids adieu to all of its many fans, for at least a little while.

It is time to go on vacation, but this year, everything is different.

My family and I aren't going to Florida this time around.

We went on a cruise earlier this year, and now, we really don't have the funds to be traveling south for our summer vacation.

So we are going to stay home, try to do things we wouldn't normally have a chance to do, and make the best of it.

We start off the vacation by seeing the Monkees--Peter Tork, Micky Dolenz and Michael Nesmith--at Westbury. The show has already received excellent reviews, so we are looking forward to it.

From there, it is really anyone's guess.

Our son is working, so we will see him off every day to his job, and I guess my wife and I will find things to do after that.

There are some things in the house that need to be done, and outside the house, maybe we will take in a movie or two, go out to eat a few times, try to make this as good a vacation as we possibly can.

But it will be different from our other vacations, because we won't really be going anywhere.

And yes, beautiful Annette Funicello continues to adorn our vacation Rant, but alas, the world is different this year, because she is no longer around.

So many things are different now, but at least we will be away from the workplace for a week.

And as always, when I am on vacation, I am on vacation, even if it is a staycation, and this site will be inactive for at least a week.

I might have a reason to check in during that week, since I will have access to the Internet being home, but if I want to make this a real vacation, I have to get away for a week from this site too.

So have fun the next week, and I will check back with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit