Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Rant #996: July 4 Fireworks



What are you doing on July 4?

Well, what I can say is that I am doing next to nothing, which I think is pretty good, at least for me.

I don't have to go to work, so at least I can get off that hamster track for one day.

Thus, if I don't have to go to work, I can pass on two things that I abhor: wearing a tie and shaving, at least for one day.

I can sit at home and do little or nothing, which is exactly what I plan on doing.

My wife has to work. She works for a Canadian-based bank (I will leave it up to you to figure out which one), and they work on July 4.

They are consistent. They also worked on Canada Day, so they treat these types of holidays pretty even;y.

Yes, they are kind of anti-holiday all around.

Anyway, I will probably watch some baseball on TV.

Baseball and July 4 go together like peanut butter does to bread.

You thought I was going to say "and jelly," but I hate jelly.

Anyway, when my wife returns home, we will have a barbecue.

Barbecues and July 4 go together like ... well, peanut butter to bread.

We always have a barbecue on July 4, because it is the traditional thing to do.

My wife, who doesn't eat much red meat but is not a vegetarian, eats her one beef hamburger that day.

Hebrew National, of course.(It's not what you see in the photo accompanying this Rant, but I did my best.)

I like Nathan's hot dogs, but Hebrew National is my choice for the best commercial hot dog on the market today.

It simply tastes better than other hot dogs.

And it is kosher, supposedly, so it is held to a higher manufacturing standard.

Later that night, we will hear fireworks all around us, and we might watch fireworks on TV.

I am not as excited by fireworks as some people are.

To me, it is little more than a lot of noise.

And then, that will be July 4 for me.

And what is really "wonderful" this year is that it falls on a Thursday, and no, I don't have Friday off, so me and a million other people will be going back to work on Friday ...

As if July 4 never, ever happened.

I guess you really can't escape reality.

Speak to you again on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit