Monday, November 25, 2013

Rant 1,091: Weak-End



When my wife has to work an entire weekend, it puts a crimp in anything that my family wants to do, and this weekend was one of those.

She is a bank teller, and as you can imagine, with the holidays just around the corner--and Hanukkah and Thanksgiving converging this week for the first time since 1888--things are busy at her place of business.

So my son and I were left alone, and well, we didn't do too much.

Food shopping was the first order of business on Saturday, and later in the morning, my son has his bowling league, so that was No. 2.

That was pretty much it for the weekend.

On Saturday, as is customary, I went out and brought in our dinner: pizza, salad, and for my son, Taco Bell.

I watched the Knicks game--they lost, of course--and that was pretty much it.

Sunday was even a less busy day, if that is possible.

As my wife went to work, I decided that I would move my LPs around, clearing off another shelf and allowing the albums to breath a little bit.

This took about two and a half to three hours. The records kept falling--the shelves aren't really made for LPs, but that is what we use them for--and I was bushed, bruised and battered at the end of this.

We are talking about moving hundreds of LPs, and let me tell you, it was not easy. Every bone in my body hurt by the time I was finished.

I watched some TV--some old "My Three Sons" episodes, the black and white ones--and I then settled down to watch the Nets game--and yes, they lost too.

My wife came home, we had dinner, and my wife and I pretty much fell asleep by 8 p.m. or so.

This weekend was not too exciting, but it will probably be the dullest few days I will have for the rest of the year.

More about that tomorrow.

I always say during weekends like this that, "At least I wasn't at work ... ."

... But it's back to work I go today, where there is never a dull minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit