Thursday, June 13, 2013

Rant #983: In Dreams



I don't know what it is with me.

I go through spurts where every time I go to sleep, I seem to have a dream, and then there are other times where I don't have a dream--or at least, don't remember having a dream--for months at a time.

I am in the "dream mode" right now, and as I described in yesterday's Rant, I had one involving my car on Tuesday night.

Last night, I had another kind of weird dream.

I am not a dream interpreter, so I have no idea what it all means.

Evidently, my brother-in-law (my sister's husband) went to a unnamed planet to retrieve two children for me.

There was some type of experiment going on where children were being concocted here, but being retrieved in outer space.

So, he went to some planet to get my two kids, one a boy, one a girl.

But scientists up there found that my kids would be diseased unless the aging process was sped up, so they came to earth as young adults in their 20s.

The boy was very close to me, but very immature.

The girl was not close to me at all, very aloof, and did her own thing.

The only other thing I remember is that my son in the dream had to be taken off a subway platform because he was not dressed correctly for riding the rails.

I don't get it either.

In my present situation, yes, I am very close to my son. He has lived with myself and my wife his whole life, and he turns 18 in a few weeks.

My daughter is a child of divorce, I see her occasionally, and I wish our relationship was better than it is.

Other than that, I really can't figure this dream out at all.

I remember as a kid, I would have spurts of dreams where I was falling, whether it was off a building or into the ocean. Of course, I always woke up before I crashed.

I seemingly went years without dreams that I could remember. I used to tell people that I never dreamed, although that probably was not true, I just didn't have any dreams that I could remember.

I am in a dream spurt now, but the dreams aren't recurring, so I have no idea what the next dream will be.

It is kind of eerie, I admit, but do the dreams mean anything?

I don't know.

I would love to know what my last two dreams meant, but so be it.

Maybe I am better off not knowing what the dreams mean.

One can dream, can't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit