Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Rant #1,300: Hitting the Big 1-3-0-0



Yes, we have done it.

After a few years, we have reached Rant #1,300.

May 4, 2009 was my very first post, nearly five and a half years ago.

It is staying power, I guess, or my need to vent about everything and anything that is bothering me, whether it is in general or personally.

I started this blog because I needed an outlet to write about what I wanted to write about, whether it was what I felt were the world's problems, or my own personal problems.

I guess this blog has become therapeutic for me, on many levels, and I hope that I have given my readers a real window into who I am and what makes me tick.

Whether it be some governmental dysfunction or one of my own, I think I have put all my cards on the table here, never really holding back on the way I feel about certain matters.

And that is the great thing about blogs like this. They really and truly are an electronic diary about where you are standing on a particular day or moment in time.

I look back on some of the things we have discussed here, and a lot of it goes in one ear and out the other.

But some things stay with you forever.

I believe in family, and I believe in the traditional unit: the mother, the father, and the children.

I also believe in the extended family: the grandparents, the aunts, the uncles, the cousins.

I guess I am old fashioned, but I do believe that families begin and end with parents, one male, and one female.

I make no bones about my stance, and if you don't agree with me, please let me hear about it.

I am always willing to listen.

I believe in friends. Friends share your experiences, and you always don't have to see eye to eye with your friends, but they will always be there for you, and you should always be there for them.

I believe in right and wrong, and I think that that has come out clearly in this blog.

There is a right, there is a wrong, and unfortunately, at times, there is a grey area, too.

That is pretty much what makes the world go round, and that is what makes this blog tick.

I know I have really ticked off a lot of people with this blog, but I also know that what I have written has sparked others to really think, to use their minds, and to make clear decisions about various topics.

So be it. You cannot please everyone.

And the best thing is that I really do this for fun. I don't make any money off of this blog at all, so don't think that I am being paid to run this thing.

It's just not true.

So keep on coming to this blog as often as you can. It is fun to hear from you when something is bothering you, or you agree or disagree with me.

I listen, I can take it, and I don't mind answering back or taking a punch when I have to.

And yes, I have personally learned a lot with this blog, and I hope you have too.

Onward and upward to #1,400--which I will probably hit sometime in February or March of next year.

And thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit