Monday, August 17, 2009

Rant #68: Health Insurance Fiasco


This is a very touchy subject.

I have two forms of health insurance: one provided by my work, one that my family gets through my wife's work. The insurance I have from my work is utter trash. I am forced to get it through my employer; in order to work here, I have to take the insurance (yes, I know, this is illegal, but what am I supposed to do, sue my employer?.

My wife's insurance is through a very well known company, and it is pretty good.

However, there have been times in the past where I had no insurance at all, so I know what some people are going through now.

I do feel that there should be some national health insurance, at least as an alternative to what you have if, in fact, you have insurance.

For those without anything, it is almost mandatory.

I know many Republicans (and others) have chastised the President's plan, but the basic idea behind it is good: to get everyone in this country insured. Some have twisted the language to make it appear to read differently than the way it was intended, and on the other hand, some of the language is poorly written.

I think all sides should get together and iron something out, because such a plan, I believe, is necessary, especially as the Baby Boomers (my generation) move into older age. The far end of this generation will be moving into its 70s before you know it, and something really is necessary to keep everyone insured--from the day they are born to the day they die.

The idea is simple; the execution is tough.

It is something that is necessary, and I hope that everyone can get together and work out a plan that will benefit everyone, whether you have insurance or not.

But please, stop the bickering. It serves no one.

2 comments:

  1. I pretty much agree with you here,though I'm not very optimistic about a compromise being worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me neither. But for those who are uninsured, it is imperative that something gets worked out. I was once one of them, so I know where they are coming from.

    ReplyDelete

 

yasmin lawsuit