Friday, October 22, 2010

Rant #359: Not Much To Say






In this blog, I have rarely been lost for words.

I am normally a pretty quiet guy, but when it comes to this blog--or the printed page, or anything I have to write out--I go whole hog, letting it all hang out.

But today is one of the few days that I really don't have much to talk about.

I hear that Lindsay Lohan is out of rehab (when will she return? give it a few weeks), singer Katy Perry is getting married (there's that breast obsession again), and today's the 31st anniversary of the U.S. allowing the deposed Shah of Iran to travel to New York for medical treatment, which some say precipitated the Iran hostage crisis.

Ho hum, nothing much to talk about with these items.

In today's birthdays, Jeff Goldblum turned 58, Annette Funicello (who I have absolutely adored since I was a small child) is 68.

Well, except for Annette, there's nothing to write home about on these birthdays. I guess I could have done a rant about Annette, but I guess that due to her illness, I have decided to hold off on that, out of respect.

So what else can I talk about here?

Well, I do have some other blogs that are worth mentioning. If you haven't checked them out, please do.

I have my Colgems blog at http://colgems.blogspot.com/. I cover the wide range of releases from the old Colgems label, best known as the Monkees' record label during their heyday. I have just one more album to put up and then, I will have posted every Colgems release from 1966-1971, or the years the label was active.

I also have my Picture Sleeves A Go Go! site, at http://picturesleevesagogo.blogspot.com/. I am trying to post photos of all of my 45 rpm picture sleeves, but I haven't had the time lately to put up anything substantial. But don't give up hope, I certainly haven't.

My allergies have been killing me for about two weeks, my wife has a cold, my son and daughter appear to be fine, and our dog peed on the rug last night.

We had a power failure, and it shorted out my video recorder. Happily, we had an old one, and have hooked this one up.

The other day, in the morning, our kitchen phone appeared to be off the hook. I picked up the receiver, it somehow snapped the cord, and the receiver is cracked and the cord can't be put back in the phone. I need a new phone.

The same day, I was driving to work, and my dummy light for tires came on. I thought that perhaps I went over a nail, so I immediately took it into a local service station, where they told me I needed three tires! $300 down the drain!

The Yankees need to win two more games, in Texas, to get to the World Series. I know they can do it!

Well, that's all I have to talk about. Visit again on Monday and I am sure there will be plenty to talk about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit