Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Rant #477: What Did They Expect?


This one is going to be direct and to the point.

I will start it off with a question:

What did the people who spent their hard earned money to see Charlie Sheen perform live expect from his show?

Exit reviews were putrid for this show, or diatribe, or whatever you want to call it.

People left the show saying it was the worst show they had ever seen. Many wanted their money back.

And all this comes to New York's Radio City Music Hall in due time.

Remember, Sheen is a psychotic, anti-Semitic, ego-driven hustler who cheats on his wife and kids and has drug and alcohol problems, all of which he doesn't believe are "problems" that he can't control.

And he has now put all of this into a stage show.

And people spent money for this trash.

Sheen is a comedic actor. He is not a standup comedian.

So a one-man show like this can be nothing but a disaster without proper writing and staging.

I think the scariest thing about the show is that watching the news the other day, most people who attended the show seemed to be between 25 and 35 years of age.

Most said they found Sheen to be funny, and that they liked him, but not at this show, where he was alleged to have screamed out over boos, "You can boo all you want, because I already have your money."

My next question is: Why does the 25 to 35 year old age group find this guy funny?

He beats up his wives, uses drugs and prostitutes as if they were toilet paper, and he is absolutely self absorbed.

If it was their sister he was beating up, I doubt they would find him so charming.

And why do people 35 years of age and up find this fool so deplorable?

That is a generation gap that I really think needs some explaining.

Are the younger ones so hardened to this type of nonsense that they pretty much look to bypass it, as if it doesn't mean anything to them at all?

Are older people more tuned in to a troubled, sick human being, and understand that that is what he is?

I don't know, but I wouldn't buy a ticket to see Hitler.

I am not likening Sheen to Hitler, but it is the same premise.

Why buy a ticket to a show featuring someone you know is a screw up?

Why buy a ticket to a show featuring someone who has a load of negative qualities that if he were in your family, you would probably at the very least punch him out?

I don't get it. I really don't.

And I don't get the venues that are staging this nonsense.

Radio City Music Hall, owned by the Dolans of Cablevision fame, are staging this show.

Sorry, I don't get it. Not at all.

4 comments:

  1. My thoughts exactly, what did these people expect?
    I heard his Chicago "show" was a hit with the audience.
    There's one born every minute i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the "freak" shows of old, or maybe they just want to say I was there the night his heart exploded on stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cs is right. We love to see a trainwreck but these people who bought tickets are finding out that the trainwreck at least has to to be interesting. When the audience members are made to realize that they are more foolish than the fool on stage, it is no longer fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree 100 percent with everything that has been said.

    But to spend money on this trash ... c'mon, where are these people's heads?

    Pure trash.

    ReplyDelete

 

yasmin lawsuit