Monday, September 3, 2012

Rant #797: Labor Day, Indeed



Today is Labor Day.

Most of you who are reading this have the day off from work. You can frolic with your family, have a barbecue, and enjoy yourself on the unofficial last day of summer.

I can't. I have to work today.

Yes, I labor on Labor Day, and I am not too happy about it, to tell you the truth.

Sure, we get the day back to us as a "makeup" day later when we need it, but laboring on Labor Day when everyone else is off is a pain the neck, adding to the pinched nerve in my neck that I already have.

I have read the "Dennis the Menace" comic strip seemingly since I could read, and today's panel pretty much summarizes how I get into my own mind that working on Labor Day isn't that bad.

Dennis tells Joey and Margaret the following:

"What's so good about Labor Day? We don't get presents and there's nothin' special to eat."

That is about the only way I can get through this day.

And by the way, my wife is working, too, so the day isn't the best day of the year in my household.

Not by a long shot.

So while you are swimming, barbecuing, watching a baseball game, or taking it easy, think of me and my plight.

No, I don't think you will, but evidently, the world doesn't stop on Labor Day.

And by the way, there won't be a blog entry tomorrow, because I am finally seeing the doctor again related to my recent MRI.

I will see you again on Wednesday, hopefully with some good news.

See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit