Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Rant #798: Physical Therapy and ... Raquel!



Just to keep you up to date on my pinched nerve, my doctor told me yesterday that I would need physical therapy two to three days a week for at least a month to try to get rid of this things I have.

If that doesn't work, an epidural injection might be the way to go.

He can't guarantee that I will be the same that I was before I injured myself, but any lessening of the pain would be a positive.

I hurt so much now that I will take what I can get.

I point to "The Lockhorns" comic strip today.

In the single panel strip, the doctor asks Mr. Lockhorn, "Where doesn't it hurt?"

I am in the same predicament.

I hurt all over.

Well, not all over, but my right arm is absolutely killing me.

And since I'm a righty, it makes things all that much worse.]

I am learning to do things with my left arm, although the doctor did say that going to work was, in fact, making it worse.

But I can't sit home; I don't have enough sick days to do that.

So I trudge along.

And, oh yes, happy birthday Raquel Welch.

I have never been a big fan of hers, but she is what she is--the last real, old fashioned, honest to goodness sex symbol that Hollywood produced.

She made one good movie--"Fantastic Voyage"--where her sexiness was downplayed.

And she made numerous horrid films--including "Kansas City Bojmber"--where her sexiness was completely overplayed.

She was no Marilyn Monroe, not even a Jayne Mansfield.

But in the 1960s and early 1970s, the name "Raquel" almost became a code word for sex.

Heck, even Russ Meyer had a film named "Harry, Cherry and Raquel."

So, her legacy is intact as she celebrates another birthday.

Good for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit