Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Rant #1,146: The Curse Continues (Sort of)



Well, at least my car door was finally fixed.

I had it done yesterday on the holiday, and because of all my hollering about the abuse that I incurred since this thing happened, it was a good President's Day, as I didn't have to give up nearly as many "Dead Presidents" as I thought I would to get the repair done.

Whoopee for me! One curse lifted, another curse ready to go.

2014 has been a horrible year for myself and my family thus far, with one major nuisance or another ruining the new year for us.

The latest had to do with my father.

He is 82 going on 83 years old, and he has a heart condition brought on by the stresses of driving a cab in New York City for the past 50 years or so.

Yes, he still drives.

Anyway, he felt a pain on his upper right side, didn't tell anyone until it lingered, and since he has a stent in his heart, every precaution had to be taken, so we rushed him to the hospital last night.

They did a whole battery of tests on him, and it is not his heart, it is not the stent, it is probably an ache having to do with lifting luggage for passengers, which he is not supposed to do at this stage of the game.

He worked through this yesterday, lost his wallet (it was returned to him), got a ticket for stopping in a no stopping zone, and came home with the pain, so he was taken to the hospital.

He appears to be OK, but he is done working this week for sure.

He loves doing what he does, so there is no stopping him next week, but this week, he is done.

It appears he may have dodged a bullet here, and I am happy that he didn't have a heart attack or need a new stent put in.

There is this black cloud over my family, or so it appears, but since my father is fine, what am I complaining about?

Yes, it is snowing again, and I think that is reason enough to complain.

It is supposed to be in the 50s later this week, so all this garbage we have accumulated will melt, and hopefully go away so we won't have to deal with it anymore.

But with the remainder of February, a whole month of March and the beginning of April, my favorite month, to contend with, who knows what the weather will bring?

All I know is that my father is OK, and maybe the curse is lightening up a bit.

I won't look around the corner for anything coming up, because quite frankly, I am shell shocked at this point.

Whatever happens, happens, but I hope we have nipped The Curse of 2014 in the bud.

But then I look at the falling snow outside, and I wonder what can happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit