Friday, May 23, 2014

Rant #1,214: Memorial Day



On Monday, it is Memorial Day, the day we are supposed to be honoring all those who have died in all of the wars we have fought, from the Revolutionary War to Afghanistan.

Funny, but with all the sales around, it doesn't appear that we are celebrating anybody; rather, we are celebrating the unofficial beginning of summer and even more importantly, the almighty dollar.

I will be doing the same thing this weekend and on Monday, because I am going to get a car.

Circumstances have forced me to do this, circumstances well beyond my control that I am not going to get into now that you well know about from reading this column.

I just received my payment from the insurance company, it has been placed in the bank, and I am ready to go.

I kind of know what I want, kind of know the price range that I want to be in, and I really believe that once I get the car, all of this will be behind me--until I get the first bill, that is.

But what are you going to do?

The most important thing is that I--and my family--are alive and well, and that I can actually buy a car and have two legs and two arms to drive it with.

Otherwise, we have a very busy weekend and holiday coming up for us.

We have a wedding on Sunday, one of my nephews, and that should be a fun occasion.

He is a good kid, and he deserves all the happiness in the world.

So that should be fun.

And while I respect those who have fought, and who have died, for this country, sorry, I am like everyone else, I am looking at the actual holiday as a day off, really nothing more.

So have a great holiday. I will be back to this column on Tuesday.

Hopefully by that time, I will have my car, and away I will go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit