Saturday, June 6, 2009

Rant #26: Hire My Daughter, Please


My daughter recently returned from school for the summer break. She goes to a SUNY school, and I am proud to say that she pulled in a near straight-A cume this past semester. She is doing very well in her studies, and hopes to teach elementary education when she graduates next year. She plans on taking a few courses this summer locally.

The problem is this: she cannot find a job. As everyone knows, the employment situation stinks right now, with the country going through a cycle of nearly double-digit unemployment. For teenagers and college kids, the rate is about double.

She has been just about everywhere--from fast food to Wal-Mart to camps and beyond--but so far nothing.

Does anybody know where she can go for a job? Again, she will be a senior at college in the fall, and will be returning to school in mid-August, so she needs the job roughly from mid-June to mid-August.

As a father, I am really powerless to do anything, but I think this is the least I can do for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit