Thursday, January 14, 2010

Rant #172: I Can't See My Vacation For the Trees


I just put in for my vacation at work.

Here it is January, and I am putting in for a vacation which will take place in the middle of summer!

Anyway, my vacation was approved, and my family and I will once again be going to Florida at the end of July/beginning of August.

We have a time share down there, and it is fun to travel down south, no matter what time we go during the year.

We prefer the summer, but we have gone in the winter too. Happily, we don't have to go this winter, which, as you know, has hit Florida pretty hard. I heard they actually saw some snowflakes in Orlando last week.

And, by the way, we don't fly down to Florida--we drive. I have flown on many planes in my life, but I do not like flying. And with the current security boondoggles now in place, I like it even less. The last time I flew, I had to nearly strip to get on the plane. Of course, people who carry explosives in their underwear get by the detectors; me, with keys and wallet in my pockets, had to undergo extra scrutiny.

Anyway, now I have something to look forward to, a date that I can look ahead to. It gives me a target as I work my way toward it.

But it is still January. Vacation is more than six months away. Yes, right now, I can't see the forest for the trees, as they say.

But at least I have the dates. It will give me something to work toward while I wade through paperwork, and snow, as the winter progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit