Friday, January 15, 2010

Rant #173: Let's Diet the Knot


My wife is on a diet.

No, my wife does not need to be on a diet, but she is on one anyway.

My wife is pretty thin to begin with, and she has a great figure. Sure, like most of us, she has to watch her weight, but this is a person who goes to the gym several times a week, watches what she eats, and doesn't overindulge on anything.

But she felt that she needed to diet anyway.

I think so many women have negative body image. They think they have to look pencil thin like those disgusting-looking runway models, or they have to look like some movie star that has a personal trainer by her side 24 hours a day.

My wife looks terrific. Take it from me, she looks great. Nobody can believe that she is the age she is (I won't reveal it, but it is the same age I am). Most people think she is at least 10 years younger than she really is.

Yet, she is putting herself through this diet--it's the Special K diet, where you eat the cereal for breakfast and lunch and then have a reasonable dinner.

Honestly, I don't know how she does it. I couldn't do it, and I need to lose a few more pounds than she does.

But she does it. She is determined to lose a small amount of weight, and she is going about it the way she thinks is best.

Again, I love the way my wife looks, but I also notice that her stomach, which wasn't there to begin with, is even flatter than it was before the diet. So I guess she is getting out of the diet what she wanted to get out of it.

But again, I love her how she is.

And that is the skinny of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit