Thursday, April 8, 2010

Rant #229: Topless Protest Jiggles the Senses


Well, what can I say, breast week continues ...

I was not out searching for this story, but it found me.

The other day, about two dozen women drew a crowd of onlookers when they shed their shirts and marched downtown in Maine's largest city to promote what they call equal-opportunity public toplessness.

Organizer Ty MacDowell said the point of Saturday's march in Portland was that a topless woman out in public shouldn't attract any more attention than a man who walks around without a shirt.

Of course, this thought is completely ridiculous, but I continue ...

The Portland Press Herald reports that by the end of the march, more than 500 people had amassed: a mix of marchers, young men snapping photos, oglers and people just out enjoying a sunny, warm day.

It's not illegal for a woman to be topless in public in Maine, and police said there were no incidents or arrests.

That's good. I am glad nobody got busted for having their shirts off.

What more can you say about this story?

Look, I bet in that crowd were both men and women looking at these ladies with their shirts off.

And no, those women pictured were not at this event.

A topless woman is going to attract attention, and it simply is not the same as when a man takes his shirt off as when a woman does.

I hate to break this fact to the organizer, but you can say that it is the society that we live in, but I say it is just an interesting fact of life that the eye is attracted to this part of women's bodies.

And by the way, I came across this story via a "news update" sent to me each day from a reputable television station in New York City. And yes, they employ numerous females to deliver the news.

I wonder what they had to say about this release. They certainly didn't cover it on their newscasts over the weekend.

But maybe those women protesters should cover it, probably for most of them the sooner the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit