Thursday, April 29, 2010

Rant #245: Every Dog Has His Day


Now that the birthday stuff is over ...

I heard that a third of married women in a recent poll said that they would rather talk to their pets about their problems.

According to an Associated Press-Petside.com poll, women say that their pets are better listeners than their husbands.

And it works the other way too. Eighteen percent of husbands said their pets are better listeners than their wives.

I don't know, I have never personally gotten into a conversation with Max, our family mutt (no, not the one pictured here). Even if I did, I wonder how he would react. He would probably kneel and wait for a treat.

And I guess that that is just it. A pet isn't going to talk back to you, ask idiotic questions, or challenge you, no matter what you say.

You can vent with a pet. You can't with your spouse (or can you; my wife and I have done this on occasion).

More importantly, who thinks up these polls anyway? What kind of stupid nonsense is this--and to have the Associated Press linked up with it ... I mean, don't they have anything better to do?

Aren't there any other topics they can think up for a poll?

Isn't there anything else worth polling people about?

There, I've vented to you, and no, Max is not panting at my side here waiting for a treat.

Sorry to treat all of you like a dog or a cat or a fish or a gerbil or a bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit