Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Rant #777: I'm Back



Well, it was a good vacation while it lasted ...

I have returned, and thus, this blog has returned.

I look at the photo of Annette Funicello that I posted on my last Rant, and I say to myself, "I need another week ... at least!"

But it isn't going to happen.

I will look back at this vacation with a lot of glee.



It started off poorly. Rain, rain and more rain, and I mean of the monsoon variety. It rained on almost the entire drive to Florida, and then it rained in Florida, too.

There was actually one day where it did nothing but rain. My wife was so cold that she ended up buying a jacket.

Happily, the situation did not continue. The rest of the vacation featured sunny, hot non-humid weather, which we took advantage of.



What did we do besides swim?



We went to the movies--Spider-Man gets a good review from me, Batman a decent review with reservations; we saw TNA Impact Wrestling live at Universal; we saw a 14-inning Rays-Mariners game at Tropicana Field ... to sum it up, we did just about everything we wanted to do, and more.



(We saw Batman a day after that horrible tragedy in Colorado, and signs were posted at the ticket window that no one with a covered face would be admitted. The thought of that horror did creep into my mind briefly, but you can't think like that and enjoy yourself, so I quickly put it out of my mind.)

But that's over with now--our next vacation is a big one for the misses and me, because we are going on a cruise to celebrate our upcoming 20th wedding anniversary. It should be fun, but we have to wait until February for that one.

So I'm back. I wish I wasn't, but all good things must come to an end.



Take a gander at the photos I have posted. If every picture is worth 1,000 words, these might be worth even more.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit