Friday, July 27, 2012

Rant #779: The Post-Vacation Blues


I have to say it: I have the post-vacation blues.

Sounds like the name of a song that could have been sung by some bluesmen strumming his guitar on a porch somewhere, but not being musically talented, it's just a feeling I have after having a wonderful respite from the usual drudgery I face most of the time.

Sitting at my desk, typing, writing
What have I got to lose
I've got the post-vacation blues.


Thinking of those times
That we had as we tanned to darker hues
Yes, I've got the post-vacation blues.


Fun, fun and more fun
Doing what we wanted to do without any cues
Yup, I've got the post-vacation blues.


To sum it up
What's a poor boy to do
To cure my post-vacation blues?

No, that will never be a song that any bluesmen would ever sing, but the fact of the matter is that I wish I was still on vacation.

I think as I get older, I value the vacations more than I did when I was a kid.

I guess I need more relaxation now than I did when I was younger. As you get older, the stress level appears to increase, and you say to yourself, "I'm too old for this anymore."

And you persevere. You can't stop doing what you're doing, because if you did, you would be on a permanent vacation, and that's not something that you want to do--having been unemployed twice as an adult, and once for a year-and-a-half, I wouldn't call those times off "vacations" per se, but let's face it, if you don't work, you don't have a vacation.

I will get over it. I think once the weekend comes, and my family and I are firmly in our usual mode, I will be fine.

But right now, there's no pill to cure my ill, there's no lotion to change my emotion.

I have the post-vacation blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit