Thursday, November 8, 2012

Rant #842: Just When You Thought Things Couldn't Get Worse ...



I mean, the Northeast has had enough already.

First, we get Hurricane Sandy, our own Hurricane Katrina, and it tears apart our infrastructure like no other storm in my memory.

Then, yesterday, as if to add insult to injury, we get a nor'easter that dumps several inches of snow on us, brings massive winds, and further delays any normalcy that was brought down by Sandy.

What's a poor region to do?

My sister and my daughter still do not have any power in their respective living quarters.

My son has no school again.

It is a real mess.

I went out there today to clean off my car, and we got plenty last night.

It appears to be mainly wet snow, and as a further insult to injury, it will probably be all gone by the weekend, as it is supposed to hover in the 60-degrees range starting tomorrow.

We have had it up to here in my neck of the woods.

We can't stand it anymore.

And the frustration of people who have had nothing for the past week and a half is starting to show on their faces.

These are weather disturbances, so you really can't blame any one thing for them.

The people who have been entrusted with fixing things are doing the best they can under very trying circumstances.

Unfortunately, we just have to wait things out.

Things can only get better, because they can't get much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit