Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Rant #1,048: Two to Three to Four to Five to Six, Over and Out



To continue on "My Three Sons," on yesterday's episode shown on MeTV, Katy gave birth to the triplets in one of the classic episodes of the series.

So, one of "My Three Sons"--actually four sons--fathered his own three sons.

That was big news in TV back then, and watching the episode more than 40 years later, the entire episode was very well done and brought a tear to my eye.

It really is hard to believe that these kids today are in their mid-40s.

Then we go from the top of the heap to the very, very bottom.



Last night was the season premiere of "Two Broke Girls," without a doubt the very, very worst sitcom I have ever seen in my entire life.

And yes, it is on CBS, the former home of "My Three Sons."

My wife enjoys the show for whatever reason, so I do watch it on occasion, and last night, I kind of watched it.

The two actresses, whose names I will not use here because they really should be quite embarrassed at what they are doing, are still struggling as the third season of this show unfolded.

A customer tells the dark-haired one that he has been away for awhile, and he asks about what has happened since he has been gone.

Well, the dark-haired one goes into this diatribe about world events, personal events, sexual events, drugs, sex, you name it, without taking a breath for the next three minutes.

When she finally stops, the guy says something to the effect of, "All I wanted to know was if there was anything new on the menu."

Hah hah. How hilarious this is!

About a minute later, we get the requisite--for this show--breast jokes, sex jokes, puberty jokes, male potency jokes ... I mean, this is a real laugh fest, isn't it.

At about the 10 or 15 minute mark of the show, I told my wife that I had had enough, and I simply went to sleep as she continued to watch this tripe.

The show is popular, I will give it that. Why, I really don't know. I think a lot of women like it, because the girls are as slutty as they come ... and it is almost like satisfying a female fantasy by watching them in their adventures.

But what a bunch of garbage. I don't think I have ever watched a show that is so poorly written.

I know that this is 2013 and not 1968, but I don't know about you, but in some ways, I wish it was 1968 again, at least TV-wise.

Television really has become a vast wasteland, a place where garbage is appreciated beyond quality.

And it wasn't always that way, I can tell you that.

And yes, as I am typing this, "My Three Sons" is recording in the other room.

Maybe that show has become my oasis in a desert of garbage, but whatever the case, the Douglases are my type of family.

"Two Broke Girls" needs fixing, and maybe it really needs to be neutered.

What a piece of pure garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit