Thursday, October 24, 2013

Rant #1,070: Whirled Series



I am a huge baseball fan, and now is supposed to be prime time for me, as it is World Series time.

The two best teams in baseball, the Boston Red Sox and the St. Louis Cardinals, are battling it out for this year's championship.

It should be a good World Series, and blowouts like last night's game should not be the norm.

But you know, I am just not into this World Series.

I can trace it to the New York Yankees' failings this year, and their arch enemy, the Red Sox, being in the Series.

The Yankees, beset by injuries to their biggest name players all year, really never had a chance.

They fought to be in the playoffs, failed, and the season was pretty much dedicated to, and will be remembered by, the retirement of Mariano Rivera.

The Red Sox, who were a last place team in 2012, went from worst to first this year, and they made the Yankees look like saps the entire season, from the very first game on.

The Yankees were awful, the Red Sox were terrific.

So this year, it is really hard for me to get into the swing of things with the World Series.

As an American League fan, I have to go with the Red Sox, but it's like saying that if Lex Luthor beats Superman, then I have to back Luthor.

Not gonna happen.

So to me, this year's World Series is gong to be one of those classics that I basically pass on.

Actually, to myself and many Yankees fans, it is just a precursor to an off season which promises to be very active, as the Yankees hopefully rebuild themselves into a contender.

So the Red Sox are one up, and I look forward to basketball, where the Knicks will probably rip my heart out as they have for the past 40 years.

Curling anybody?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit