Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Rant #1,316: Vote, Vote, Vote



Today is Election Day, and it is time to employ your civic duty and vote during the national election day being held today.

No, we are not voting for President, but this is a mid-term election, so who we vote for pretty much demonstrates how much faith we have in our President and his policies.

But whoever you vote for, get down to the polling place and vote.

But no, I won't monitor you to see if you are voting, as the Democrats are allegedly doing.

It really isn't my business who you vote for, just that you vote.

All I can say is that it is time to judge those running on what they have done during their most recent terms, and to remove those who haven't lived up to the standards that we voted on these men and women to uphold.

And based on the past few years, there seems to be a lot of people who we voted for who have their own agendas, and who don't care about their constituents.

It is time to vote them out. Period.

But I know, people are chicken. They would rather vote for a full party line than to mix it up a bit.

That is such a wrong way of thinking, but that is how they vote.

I am going to mix it up quite a bit--I am going to vote for Democrats, Republicans, Conservatives, Liberals, even Libertarians.

I probablu won't vote for anyone who is going to win, but my conscious is clear.

You have to stand by your convictions. I can look myself in the mirror, and I can say I did a good job voting.

How many other people can say that, especially if you vote on only a single party, especially with a chance to really make a difference this year?

Anyway, the most important thing is to get out and vote.

And I plan on doing that when my polling place opens in a little more than an hour.

Will you be doing the same, or sitting on your tuckus and dong nothing today?

Get out and vote.

It is your civic duty.

2 comments:

  1. I take offense to the word "chicken". I vote party line because I believe in the party's platform. And because I find the opposite party's platform repulsive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And would you vote for Hitler or Hussein if they ran on the Democratic ticket? That is really narrow thinking, and it is something I do not personally practice. You do what you feel is right, I do what I feel is right, but I voted for Democrats, Republicans, Conservatives, Liberals, even third parties. Evidently, a lot of people did this, and we now have some major changes in Washington. We will see if they will work, but right now, a lot of people weren't chicken this time around. And I guess the Democrats won't be knocking at your door, because at least they have a record that you voted. What about your fellow Democrats--I guess Big Brother is watching ...

    ReplyDelete

 

yasmin lawsuit