Monday, November 10, 2014

Rant #1,319: Happy Birthday



Today is my wife's birthday.

She is xx years old.

It really doesn't matter what her actual age is because, quite frankly, you would never guess it.

She keeps herself fit and trim, and she looks probably about 10 years younger than she really is.

Yes, I am a lucky man, I really am.

We had company over on Saturday afternoon, her brothers and their significant others, and our nephew's wife, and we got to talking about how all of us met each other.

Sometimes the road was a rocky one, sometimes it went pretty smoothly.

In my and my wife's case, I really didn't realize how smooth the whole thing went at the time.

We met on a blind date set up by one of those old fashioned dating agencies that have since pretty much been wiped out by the Internet.

Anyway, we got set up, and the first thing that we had to do was speak on the phone with each other.

Neither one of us is a real phone talker, and that first conversation stands as the longest phone call we have ever had with each other.

Anyway, she asked me what celebrity I looked like, and I said that some people thought I looked like Dustin Hoffman (never did, but that is what some people told me way back when, when I had hair).

She told me she looked like Adrienne Barbeau.

I was hooked, line and sinker, from that point on.

We met, and she later told me that after our initial date, she knew that she was going to marry me.

I didn't know, but after a few dates, believe me, I knew.

And heck, did I get lucky.

She is my dream girl, and I couldn't be happier.

She is a hard worker, a fine mom, and a great daughter to her father. Her mom is deceased, but I know that she really loved her mother and the feeling was mutual.

She has taken a well-deserved day off from work today, and I wish I could be with her today, but duty calls.

I love her more than I can put into words. She is my Rock of Gibraltar, and without her, I really am nothing.

So here's to her on her birthday.

Everybody should be as lucky as I was to have a person like her as their spouse.

She is the greatest woman on earth, at least to me she is, and I can't wait to get home today so I can wish her "happy birthday" to her very pretty face, and give her her gifts (one I ordered online, and hopefully, it will arrive on time).

I hope she has a nice, relaxing day.

She deserves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit