Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Rant #1,349: Rasslin'




Yesterday, I went over some of the things that I did from the time of my last column prior to Christmas to just after the holiday, when I had to go back to work.

Today, let me add to that list of things.

On the weekend, on Saturday, my son and I did our regularly scheduled father/son bonding thing, and attended a WWE house show at Nassau Coliseum, right here on Long Island.

My son and I have been to every WWE show held at the Nassau Coliseum for the past maybe six or seven years or so, or since my son got interested in pro wrestling.




Say about it what you want, but for my son and myself, it is a time to share, a time to get to know each other better, and a real male bonding experience.

I have found that my son is very much like me. He loves sports, loves to see athletes compete live, and enjoys going to a nearby venue to see them.

You can’t really get any closer than Nassau Coliseum for us, at least, and when the old place closes in August, we will miss its proximity.

Yes, it is being rebuilt, but as a much smaller venue, and I don’t know if it will large enough for the WWE to hold shows there anymore.




And that will be a real shame for my son and myself.

He loves wrestling, and going to these matches is something that we can attend, and do so economically, when they are held.

But many of the matches that used to be held at the Nassau Coliseum have already been moved to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, a hop, skip and a jump away from where we are on Long Island, but a costly hop, skip and a jump at that.

If we were to go to the Barclays Center for wrestling, we would use public transportation via the Long Island Railroad, and right there, your costs go up dramatically.

Add in the extra time it takes to get back and forth, and it really becomes a costly endeavor.




So we are soaking this all up while it lasts, as the place is scheduled to be leveled in August.

There is at least one more house show to go, in March, and we will be there.

Past then, who knows?



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit