Friday, October 12, 2012

Rant #822: Fast Asleep



This is going to be a short Rant today, because I am dead tired.

I overslept today because I stayed up way too late yesterday into today.

I watched the Yankees-Orioles game last night, and my attention wasn't gratifying, as my beloved Yankees lost, 2-1 in 13 innings.

Yikes!

I used to be able to stay up until all hours, even during the work week.

It never bothered me at all.

But since I hit my mid 50s, things have taken a different turn.

I take naps. Prior to this, I hadn't taken a nap since I was a baby.

I can't see straight even early in the evening. Heck, I sometimes go to bed at 9 p.m., and sometimes even earlier if I am dead tired.

Well, last night, I figured that since this was the playoffs, I needed to stay up to support my team.

Well, they couldn't hit a ball hard if they tried with or without me, and last night, I sat through the whole excruciating exercise.

And due to that misstep, this morning, I feel like I got hit by a truck.

My wife and I both overslept. I just got my son up.

My wife just went to work, and I will be going there real soon, right after I bring my son to school.

So everything looks copacetic, but it really isn't.

Hopefully, I can get through the day, watch the Yankees finally finish off the pesky Orioles ...

And then go back to to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit