Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Rant #829: Gotta Get Up



Getting up in the morning isn't the easiest thing to do.

Especially during the week--when we have work, and if we're younger, school, to look forward to, wouldn't you prefer to stay in bed?

And last night, I really could have slept longer.

I had a busy day at work, and had physical therapy afterwards for that pinched nerve that I have in my neck (I have learned to live with it a bit better, but honestly, it isn't going away so quick).

I don't go into work as early, so I have about an hour more of sleep each night.

But I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning.

My wife woke up, and once she put the hall light on, I knew I was a goner.

I just got my son up from his own slumber, and he also looks like he could use a bit more bed time.

Funny, on the weekend, when I am supposed to be more relaxed, I really don't sleep that well.

I stay up later, but that doesn't prolong my sleep at all.

And on Sundays, forget about it.

I haven't had a good sleep in months, if not years. For some reason, I can't sleep on Sundays. I am up at all hours and constantly look at my watch to see what time it is.

My mother has often told me that I was a bit of a fussy sleeper when I was a baby, and that I would only sleep outside the house, not inside it.

I would sleep in my baby carriage, but once I was in the crib in the house, I was a holy terror.

I guess it was those bars; they probably made me feel like I was in some sleep jail.

So while I go in and try to get my son up again from his slumber, I, too, would love to just crawl back in the bed and take a couple of more hours to get myself ready for the day.

But it isn't going to happen.

In fact, if I even tried to go back to sleep, I probably wouldn't be able to.

Once I'm up, I'm up, and that's just the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit