Friday, November 8, 2013

Rant #1,080: My Wife



It is only November 8, but I figure that it is not too early to wish my better half a happy birthday. She will celebrate the day this Sunday, November 10.

I won't tell you her age, but I will tell you that if you looked at her, you would never think that she is that old ... or really, that young.

She takes care of herself, she is in the gym at least three or four times a week making sure that she is in tone, and she looks darn good.

She works, she is my wife, the mother to our son, and she runs our household.

I love her for all of that, and more, because she is very good at handling all of that, balancing what happens outside of the house with what happens inside of it.

Sure, she has her days when all she wants to do is come home and go to sleep, like we all do, but she generally does a fine job making sure that everything is right.

Believe me, I am very lucky to have her as my wife. Sometimes, I almost have to pinch myself to see if I am really awake, that this is all happening, that I am really married to this person.

I really hit the jackpot with this woman, and I do feel that I am maybe the luckiest person alive.

We have now been married for more than 20 years, and it has really gone by in a flash.

When we met, she knew that this was going to turn into something, and I admit that I didn't, but during a real bad time in my life--I was out of work for what eventually became a year and a half--she stuck by me like glue.

I will always remember that.

But anyway, more than 20 years later, she is still the person I married way back when, a woman who I believe is the greatest lady on the planet.

I know I have gotten a bit soppy here, but that being said, here's to my wife, who I love dearly, two days before her birthday, and may she have many, many more.

And for the record, I bought her a winter jacket, and some other more trivial things.

I wish I could give her the world, but I guess the jacket will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit