Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Rant #1,087: Chutzpah!



The word "chutzpah" is a Yiddish word meaning nerve, but really having a lot of nerve, and guts to do something outlandish to express your displeasure.

It often provides one with a sliver of revenge, too.

Well, I think I found our "Chutzpah Man of the Year' for 2013.

A man in Bloomfield Hills, Mich., upset at his ex-wife and her boyfriend, bought the house right next to where they are living, which is chutzpah itself.

But what he did beyond that really is Chutzpah personified.

In addition to purchasing the house, he also installed a statue, which his next door neighbors can clearly see, that is of a fist with an upraised middle finger.

I guess he believes he can taunt his ex-wife and her paramour by not only being next door, but having this statue in plain sight of them.

First of all, I guess this is a fantasy of any divorced person, especially early on in their divorce, to get back at the other side.

Heck, I wanted to do that too when it happened to me, but honestly, at least with me, it didn't last very long, I moved on with my life, and moved on for the better.

But some people not only want to get back at their ex-spouse, they want to make a clear statement, and that is what this guy did in a very novel way.

I know that in my neighborhood, such a statue wouldn't last for very long.

It is portraying something vulgar, so it would have to come down quickly.

I don't know how long this statue will last in that community, but yes, the man made a major statement.

Longer lasting though, will the guy be able to get along with his neighbors? Will his ex-wife and her boyfriend be able to get along with him?

I mean, they live right next door to each other, statue or no statue.

Thank goodness my ex and my family are separated by some miles in distance.

I think to this day, that is a better situation for both of us, even though we have been divorced for well more than 20 years.

But in the case I spoke about, chutzpah is chutzpah, the guy did what he had to do, and he probably feels really good about it.

Good for him.

Chutzpah is nice when it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit