Monday, December 16, 2013

Rant #1,104: Uneventful Weekend



This past weekend was a big nothing for me.

My wife worked on Saturday, and the mix of that and the snow that came pretty much washed out that day for my son and myself.

His bowling league was canceled, so after I did the shopping in the morning, we basically did nothing else the rest of the day.

We had snow, and although there was an accumulation, it really wasn't that bad outside.

And by the next morning, rain had washed it away, so there was no shoveling.

Having nothing much to do on Saturday, I decided to watch a "My Three Sons" marathon that I put together for myself, a mix of the early black and white episodes and a few of the later color ones.

I fell asleep right in the middle of it, taking a nap for about 90 minutes.

I must have been super relaxed, because I haven't done that in ages.

After my wife came home, I went out to get a movie. Yes, we are old fashioned, and the Redbox machine is very accommodating.

I rented "Man of Steel," and we spent two hours in the evening watching this movie. It was a pretty good, although not great as I had hoped, retelling of the Superman legend, filled with horrible acting but great special effects. I would give it 2 1/2 stars. It kept my interest.

On Sunday, even with my wife home, we really didn't have anything planned, but we did get some things done.

I showed my wife how to transfer music from a computer to her iPad, and I guess that was the big accomplishment of the day.

We then went out for a while to do some shopping, nothing major, but at least it got us out of the house.

We watched some TV as the day went on, and before you knew it, the day was over.

But before the day was over, I went on Facebook, and of course, there was some controversy over the video that was posted on the Newsday site about my recent neighborhood reunion.

All I can say is that you cannot please everybody, no matter how hard you try.

After exchanging some barbs back and forth, I called it a night.

And here I am now, anticipating the workday.

Sometimes, you just need a slow weekend to recharge your work batteries, and that is what I had this past weekend.

Since, like the old Loverboy song said, I am "working for the weekend," I really don't mind such a slow two days.

Now, I have to rev it up for this week. There will be no naps, no dead spots, nothing like that.

Yes, sometimes a dull weekend is the best medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit