Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Rant #1,291: To Good Health



You know what they say: You have good health, you have everything.

Well, in lieu of the fact that I really don't have everything, I guess I do have good health.

Yesterday evening after work, I went back to my doctor to find out the results of my blood test that I had a week earlier, and to get a full checkup, and lo and behold, I came out smelling like roses.

Everything that the blood can be used to check out checked out fine, and that includes thyroid, prostate, liver, and several other areas.

My blood pressure is also quite good.

My cholesterol count is so way down that for the first time in years--and I do mean years, probably maybe like 15 or 20 years--I do not have to take my cholesterol pill each day.

I have been taking Vytorin forever, it seems, and at least for the next three months, I don't have to take it anymore.

This is a true revelation, as taking this pill has been part of my very being for oh so long.

Now, at least for the next three months, I can live without it. This way, the doctor can see if I truly need it.

How much will my cholesterol jump without the use of this pill? That is what we are going to try to find out.

Yes, I am a bit overweight, but otherwise, for a 57 year old male, I am in pretty good shape.

I will admit that a lot of it is pure luck, maybe even good genes.

I don't watch myself that much when eating, and I have been known to go to town every once in a while.

I don't exercise much either, even if you count in the work I do putting away the dishes (see yesterdays' Rant for more information).

What has helped me is that I really don't eat that much, and what I do eat is regulated by my wife, who makes sure that we all--including my son--eat a little healthier.

I rarely, if ever, eat white bread anymore, preferring rye over white anytime anyway.

When we have pasta, it is wheat pasta, not white pasta.

I rarely have steak--I have to admit I crave it now--and I haven't had a real piece of steak for several months.

And I do eat fish at least once or twice a week, including during lunch.

So I do have to thank my wife for everything she does to make me healthy.

She watches herself like a hawk, and with me--and for that matter, our son--she watches us like, well, doves.

With everything my family has been through this year, it is really good to know that I have withstood everything, and I am healthy, if not wealthy, and yes, I do feel wise.

You can't really have it all, but I feel that I do, and that is the first step on the road to good health.

So I thank my wife and my family, as well as my doctor, for the good vibes I got at my checkup yesterday.

I hope that everyone out there can feel as good as I do today, in mind and in body and in soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit