Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Rant #292: Hot, Hot, Hot


Yes, it has been hot in the Northeast recently.

We just went through another day of 90-100 degree heat, and another one is expected today, with yet another one tomorrow. Forecasters say that perhaps on Friday we might get a break, into the weekend, as all this heat will eventually produce some rain.

But boy, it was a hot July 4 weekend!

We had a few barbecues, actually used the backyard, above-ground pool, and even took in a movie to escape the heat.

I know, if you are reading this in a hot weather climate, you are probably laughing at me, saying that you are used to the hot weather because you get it all the time.

Well, we don't, so we are grinning and baring it now.

People are sweltering. I remember as a kid, I lived in one of those areas where they used to open up the fire hydrants--both legally and illegally--to douse the heat. We used to run through the water in the middle of the street. It was fun, but as a kid, I didn't know how dangerous it was, nor did I care.

We also had a fountain nearby that would shoot cascading water all the time. Every once in a while, when there was a breeze, you could barely feel the water if you were playing ball several yards away. It was temporary, but it felt good.

And that brings me to the next topic. My reunion barbecue is slated for this Saturday, and rain is in the forecast. I hope it can hold out for just five measly hours--from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.--so I can pull this off.

If not, then Sunday is the day, but rain is also in the forecast for this day, too.

What am I going to do if both days are rained out?

I don't know. I really don't know.

I just wish it would rain already. I am at work the rest of the week, so for me, it doesn't really matter.

The weekend does, so let me hope that everything holds out for just those five measly hours on Saturday.

It can't rain on my parade, can it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit