Monday, July 19, 2010

Rant #302: I Wanna Go On Vacation!


I have to keep telling myself, in answer to that declaration above, that "I will, I will ... "

This is the week leading up to my yearly vacation. We will be going to our timeshare in Florida, and as usual, we will be driving down.

So starting on Friday at 5:30 p.m., I am officially on vacation.

The week leading up to vacation is always a busy one, yet one that drags quite a bit. The anticipation is so strong that it weighs down the days, making them feel twice as long as they normally are.

There is still so much to do leading up to the vacation, and it's not just packing that I am talking about.

It's doing the "little" things, which for me means getting some dental work done, getting my allergy shot and getting a haircut.

It also included getting my car ready for the big trip, and I had it serviced last week. I think that once again it can withstand the 1,200 mile drive.

And why do I drive?

Well, although you lose time by doing it this way, you actually save money, and you certainly save hassle time. The last time I went on a plane--a few months ago for a business trip--I could not believe the delays, both on getting into the airport, checking in, and flying out.

When you drive, you put everything in the trunk, get in, and go!

It's along drive--we do it over about a day and a half--but it is a fun drive. It gives us a chance to drive through a number of states on the eastern seaboard, listen to different radio stations--no satellite radio for me--and marvel at the fact that in the evening in the Carolinas, you can pick up WABC-AM in New York pretty much loud and clear.

As I am writing this, I am dragging a bit after a somewhat busy weekend. Come the start of work, I will be ready to go.

And the photo I have posted here features Annette Funicello. If this picture does not signify summer to you, well, I just don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit