Friday, June 6, 2014

Rant #1,222: Celebration



I am back at this column. Whatever went down yesterday went down yesterday.

Not good, not bad, somewhere in between, but it had to be done, and I am glad that I did it.

Anyway, I am back just in time to tell you about the greatest woman in the world.

Yes, I am talking about my wife, and today, we have been together as a husband and wife for 21 years.

Heck, after the horror that was my first marriage, I still cannot believe that I married again, but I did, and boy, did I marry the right person!



She is everything I ever wanted in a wife, and then, even more.

I got lucky, I admit it. I am not necessarily one who beats the odds, but I think I did with my wife.



Somehow, we joined together, and 21 years--plus an extra year that we lived together--shows how solid our union is.

She is beautiful, talented, smart and my dream girl, all in one.

Sure, we are in our late 50s, but when I am with her, I feel like a teenager.

Honestly, I have to pinch myself to make sure that this is the real world and not a dream, even all these years later.

She is my perfect match.



And she is a good mother to our son, who can be difficult at times.

She doesn't take any garbage from him, but loves him and cares for him and worries about him as any good mother would.

She is the total package.

Sure, I guess all of us can say that about our spouses. But from my end, being on the cliff and ready to jump off before I met her, I know the real thing, and this is it.

It just took me a little longer to find her than I would have liked.

But once I found her, I knew she was it, and from what she has told me, the feeling was mutual.



So here is to my wife on our 21st anniversary, the person who I have to say is the greatest woman in the world.

At least in my world, and she is very, very important to me.

We have been through a lot in those 21 years--lots of good, lots of bad--but honestly, I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit