Monday, January 6, 2014

Rant #1,116: Hoops!

Friday was a complete washout.

I never made it to work, my windshield wipers were frozen solid until Saturday, and I hurt my back shoveling our driveway and walk.

But things started to look up on Saturday.

My wife and I were able to do everything we needed to do on that day, and then some.

This enterprising guy purchased tickets to see the Brooklyn Nets versus the Cleveland Cavaliers months ago, and who knew that the game would be the day after a blizzard?



So we trudged into Brooklyn, and this time, it wasn't just myself and my son, but my wife also accompanied us.

She is not a basketball fan at all, but she wanted to see what the Barclays Center looked like.

We got there early, tried to eat at a major restaurant chain, but we were thwarted by the wait (two hours), and ended up eating at a packed to the brim McDonald's.

We then made our way over to the arena, which, as I said last year when I went with my son, is really a beautiful place to see a basketball game.





This year, we had center court tickets, but were in virtually the last seat in the last row.

But our vantage point was better, and I don't think I have been seated center court at a pro basketball game probably since the Nets were on Long Island and played at the Nassau Coliseum.

The Nets have been a major disappointment this year, rolling with the Knicks at the bottom of the standings. Even though the arena was officially sold out, there were numerous empty seats for this game, as the Cavaliers are as bad as the Nets are, with numerous injuries and a horrid team in their post-Lebron James era.


Anyway, the Nets won a tough game that was pretty close throughout.

And yes, my wife got into it, clapping and cheering as much as my son did.

Me, I was there for the atmosphere. I am a Knicks fan, but you can get three Nets tickets for the price of two Knicks tickets, so I don't mind going to Brooklyn, the place of my birth, to see professional basketball.



My wife has said she doesn't want to see a Knicks game at Madison Square Garden, but she left open the possibility of seeing another Nets game next year.

That's good. Nothing like doing something with both my wife and son involved.

Heck, I wish I could do this more often, but ticket prices are outrageous.



Maybe we can get there again next year.

Or maybe, does anyone out there have any stray tickets out there?

Please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit