Thursday, January 9, 2014

Rant #1,119: Indulge Myself



Since I have had such a wonderful week to this point, I thought I would read my horoscope.

I don't usually pay attention to such things, but heck, I feel I need all the help I can get here during this week in January, so what do I have to lose?

"You need to indulge yourself today -- even if you feel tapped out. In fact, a little decadence may go a long way toward recharging your batteries, so don't feel guilty about it!"

That is what the horoscope said. Not too bad, not too shabby at that.

Now, let me see what I should indulge myself with.

Perhaps waking up a little later than I normally do? Maybe 4:50 a.m. instead of 4:40 a.m.?

Sorry, I'm up already, so I can't indulge myself that way.

How about taking it easy at work?

I have a pile of stuff to be written just waiting for me, so I don't think that is going to happen.

How about having a nice, clear drive home without having to stop anywhere?

No, I can't do that today. I have to get my allergy shots--yes, four of them right in my arm.

OK horoscope, tell me how I am going to indulge myself today?

I am sure that during the course of the day, there will be something that happens that somehow fulfills what it says.

For instance, I, on rare occasions, get what we call "graft" in the mail at work.

It is a package addressed to me that contains something that the sender wants to promote, like meat snacks or snow cleats or something that I don't really need.

Again, I don't often get stuff like this, but if I do get something today, will that fulfill my horoscope?

Now that I know what the horoscope is, I will be extra cognizant about it.

The best indulgence for me today would be to get my car back from the shop, but fat chance of that actually happening.

They told me Friday--at the earliest--so I can't expect miracles, even though my insurance company has me on some type of "speed repair" plan.

I guess if I wasn't on that plan, I would get back the car on Friday--in February.

So we are back to square one again.

How am I going to fulfill the horoscope and indulge myself today?

I have no idea, but if I do indulge myself, I will get back to you with the results.

Right now, I am at the low end of the totem pole, so any indulgence would be heartily welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit